Tuesday 30 September 2014

Swimming with sharks on Bora Bora




In 2014 during my round the world trip I had stop at Bora Bora. It is a beautiful place and its offering so much to do. One thing you can not miss is swimming with sharks.
I had that opportunity on my island trip with local guide. I was picked up from the hotel in the morning with snorkeling equipment in one hand and bait in other? When we have got everyone on board we had short boat ride to the south of Island.




When we got there I saw other boats and people already at water. We have been told that breakfast is swimming so we do not have to worry about it anymore, we should be OK?!
View is breathtaking. And a little bit scary. But what can you do?

 

I took some pictures from boat and now was time to get into the wild. Snorkeling mask and fins on and I am in water. Panic attack for few seconds and I am feeling like one of them. Sharks swim around you, so close. Very terrifying and exciting experience. At one moment I felt something is going on behind my back. I slowly turned my head back and I saw few sharks fighting about something. It was our tour guide throwing bait into water, I got earlier from my hotel.


One again amazing experience. And there are not only sharks. You can see small rays and plenty coral fishes, different colours, sizes and species.
Some time later it was over. I was back on boat and ready for rest of my trip.
I will never forget that experience. I am looking forward for my next holiday and hopefully another excitement.
If you ever have opportunity to do it do not be afraid. You will LOVE it like I did.
Some facts you would like to know:
- it costs around 10000XPF, $105, £65, €83
- it is part of day trip around the island
- later on that day you will have opportunity to see manta ray
- take plenty of sun cream and water
- you will have some time in Vaitape- capital of Bora Bora, time for shopping, use cash machine etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment